We are looking for a Big Data to drive the ongoing evolution of our Ofertia big data platform. As a key member of our cross-functional team setup, you will work closely between our Data Team, Management, Web team and initiatives on a group level.
Ofertia is a digital company based in lively Barcelona. Our mission is to revolutionize the way people do shopping, covering the gap between the online and offline shopping worlds. We help retailers to drive more customers to their stores by publishing digital circulars on our mobile apps and web portals, where consumers can find the best offers from their favourite stores around them.
Ofertia is now part of the Mediapost Group with strong presence in Spain. Moreover, we operate in Mexico, Colombia and Sweden.
Your day at Ofertia
As a Big Data Engineer you will be responsible for Ofertia’s big data platform and collaboration with Mediapost on common projects.
- Develop and optimize ETL processes by working closely with multiple data partners and stakeholders across the company to meet the growing business needs.
- Act as Big Data evangelist to drive innovation and design technical plans (present and future) for advanced Big Data platforms at large scale
- Define technical requirements and data architecture for the underlying data warehouse.
- Collaborate with subject-matter experts across different business units to design, implement and deliver insightful analytic solutions.
- Maintain and improve big data architecture
What you should bring
- Big Data technologies hands-on experience
- An excellent programming background in Scala and Python
- Extensive experience with a variety of Big Data tools on AWS stack (EMR, Redshift, Athena, S3, Kinesis, Data Pipeline, Glue, Lambda)
- Solid experience with frameworks: Spark, Sqoop
- Experience with at least one major database system (PostgreSQL, RDS, Oracle)
- Experience with data integration toolsets and writing and maintaining ETL jobs.
- An understanding of how the Big Data platform will benefit the business and experience dictating this to stakeholders
Nice To Have
- Experience with machine learning, data science projects
- Knowledge of Terraform
What makes working at Ofertia great
- Being part of Mediapost group, a solid work environment in present times
- Ofertia is one of the most exciting digital companies in the heart of Barcelona with a disruptive product and friendly working hours (remote working days, flexible hours)
- We support your personal and professional development with challenging projects and training programs
- Get the most out of a great environment with office parties and team building events.
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments through flat hierarchies and short communication channels
- Free beverages and snacks (coffee, tea, fresh fruit, etc)