We are looking for a passionate VP of Sales to join our team in Barcelona, where you will be responsible for leading our sales team and growing our retailer business. You will be in constant communication with our different business units, receiving training and guidance from our founders, other management team members and specialists (Marketing, IT, Finance, HR and Content). This strategic role requires a combination of entrepreneurial spirit, curiosity, strategic thinking and a collaborative “can do” attitude, to contribute to the overall development of Ofertia.
Ofertia is a digital company based in lively Barcelona. Our mission is to revolutionize the way people do shopping, covering the gap between the online and offline shopping worlds. We help retailers to drive more customers to their stores by publishing digital circulars on our mobile apps and web portals, where consumers can find the best offers from their favourite stores around them.
Ofertia is now part of the Mediapost Group with strong presence in Spain. Moreover, we operate in Mexico, Colombia and Sweden.
Your day at Ofertia
- Define and implement an effective sales strategy for the Spanish market, as well as annual budget plans
- Manage existing relationships with clients, secure contract renewals, and close sales opportunities
- Become a thought leader within the industry
- Drive our innovation initiatives and introduce, market & sell new products and services
- Responsible for building the necessary C-level relationships with retailers
- Manage and continually evaluate client results and report monthly KPI’s
- Support brand building and communication initiatives
- Coordinate with others departments (marketing, content, IT, product, etc.)
What you should bring
- +5 years of sales or business development experience in digital businesses.
- Experience in working with clients and large accounts, as well as managing teams
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance or related – graduate studies are a plus (e.g.: MBA)
- Knowledge of Online Marketing Metrics and business models; CPC, CPM, CPL
- It is a plus experience and current client retail industry knowhow & network is a plus.
- Online marketing knowledge and experience with web analytics, SEM, SEO, CRM
- Proficiency in English and Spanish, both oral & written
- Microsoft Office Suite advanced user, especially Power Point and Excel
- Proven leadership, communication and negotiation skills
- Spirit of service
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit, open mindset & strategic vision
- Resilient, responsible and goal-oriented
- Smart, energetic, driven and willing to work hard
- Trustworthy and excellent work ethic
What makes working at Ofertia great
- Being part of Mediapost group, a solid work environment in present times
- Ofertia is one of the most exciting digital companies in the heart of Barcelona with a disruptive product and friendly working hours (remote working days, flexible hours)
- We support your personal and professional development with challenging projects and training programs
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments through flat hierarchies and short communication channels