We are looking for an experienced Android Engineer (m/f) who is, like us, passionate about delivering the best product and user experience to our customers. As a key member of our cross functional and agile team setup, you will work closely with our development team and take an active role in all testing activities to ensure a flawless working product.
We are Ofertia, a digital company based in the lively Barcelona. Our mission is to revolutionize the way people do shopping, covering the gap between the online and offline shopping worlds. We help retailers to drive more customers to their stores by publishing digital circulars on our mobile apps and web portals, where consumers can find the best offers from their favorite stores around them.
Ofertia is part of the Bonial.com Group with more than 350 employees worldwide, headquartered in Berlin and with offices in Bogotá, Barcelona, Mexico City, Paris and Santiago de Chile.
Your day at Ofertia
- You will be part of an agile team that will further develop our Android native app in short release cycles
- Implementing complex solutions with state-of-the-art technologies along with your team
- Developing high-traffic international products with a focus on quality and stability
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Work together with designers, backend developers, sysops and QA
- Maintain and improve the products
- You will be involved in the whole process of creating and developing new features
What you should bring
- 2 years practical experience in mobile software development and working with Android SDK
- Having published an App in the Google Play is a plus
- Good knowledge of web services (e.g. HTTP, JSON, REST).
- Experience in OOP
- Good knowledge of Android Studio and related tools
- Knowledge of automation testing concepts and continuous integration
- Fluent communication skills in English. Spanish is NOT required
What makes working at Ofertia great
- Ofertia is one of the most exciting digital companies in the heart of Barcelona with a disruptive product
- Flexible working hours
- One remote day by week
- Our entrepreneurial culture and warm family atmosphere will surround you with a fun and dynamic work environment you will only find here.
- We support your personal and professional development with challenging projects and space for learning such as free English and Spanish classes
- Get the most out of a great environment with office parties, team events, BBQs & after works
- Competitive base salary (we know how to reward our people!)
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments through flat hierarchies and short communication channels
- Free beverages and snacks (coffee, tea, fresh fruit and so on)